Fire Alarm Installation Technician
Why Join Us?
SecurAlarm is a family business focused on supporting our team, building leaders, and promoting creative thinking to get things done. We invest in talent and create an environment for people to grow. Our entrepreneurial spirit is the energy that drives us to be a leader in integrated security solutions in West Michigan. Our dedication to engineering, installing, and servicing the highest quality systems available has earned SecurAlarm a reputation of excellence within the security industry
In this role, you will perform Installation, configuration, testing, and solving problems on Intrusion Alarm Systems, Access Control, CCTV, Intercom, Network infrastructure; PA Systems, Fire Alarm, and other PC based Systems. Install conduit, wire, and devices using engineered documents, manuals, and shop drawings in adherence to the standards outlined in TRN-042.
This is how you stand out
- You communicate – progress, needs, and/or changes are over-communicated to team members, leaders, subcontractors, and clients to ensure schedules are maintained and information is flowing to all parties/departments
- You thrive on experiencing new challenges each day, having each day be a little different than the last, and you love working with new systems that you haven't worked with before
- You take things apart and put them back together just to see how they work,
- You spend an inordinate amount of time playing with and/or learning about software, technology, and electronics
- You are resourceful, and you enjoy coming up with creative solutions to solve problems for clients. And you have fun solving mysteries (e.g. troubleshooting, researching, analyzing for root issues, etc.
- You are passionate about client services, proactively communicate internally and externally to ensure they have a phenomenal experience and have a true ownership mindset
- You want to come to work each day knowing that what you do protects what is important to our clients and that your work matters
What will you be doing in this role?
- Developing great relationships with our clients
- Install conduit, wire, and devices using engineered documents, manuals, and shop drawings in adherence to our standards
- Obtain NICET II and FAST certification within 2 years of employment
- Deliberately and consistently be a role model of SecurAlarm’s culture while serving team members, clients, and our community
- Support after-hour client needs through the on-call rotation and adhere to the On Call Policy
- Provide ongoing training/support to team members
- Stay current on all assigned training, certifications, licensing, background checks, and client safety requirements
- Support emergency service calls and overflow as required
- Training both internal and external clients on the operation of integrated systems and components
This is an ideal position for someone that is looking to start their career or take it to the next level with a stable, well-respected, and established company.
If you are results-oriented, client focused, possess strong technical and mechanical aptitudes, enjoy working independently and resourcefully on multiple issues, and want to grow long-term in a fast-paced environment where each day brings different challenges/opportunities and exposure to the latest technologies, we welcome you to apply.
We want to invest in your success!
- Must possess a valid driver's license, and be able to pass background screening and drug test (including marijuana) (our Security License with the State of Michigan requires thorough background checks and places certain restrictions on hiring)
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with team members and/or other clients.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Manual dexterity required for frequently reaching, climbing and lifting of small to large objects, and operating construction equipment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet client needs.
SecurAlarm Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified team members without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where team members are treated with respect and dignity.