Project Manager (Technical)
If leading and serving a team of technicians in installation projects large and small, growing your team members' technical and professional skills, and ensuring that our clients have a phenomenal experience sounds like an ideal use for your talents, you may be a great fit with us as a Project Manager!
This is an ideal role for a resourceful, service-minded person who is passionate about learning the technology and every aspect of their projects, and who wants to truly build something great, and make a major impact – with us, and with our clients. You would be integral to our growth, and we envision you leading us to great heights long-term.
Is this role right for you?
- Do you thrive on working in a fast-paced environment and experiencing brand-new challenges / problems to solve each day?
- Do you see feasible solutions when others think something is impossible, and have the creative resourcefulness, negotiation skills, and grit to fully implement those solutions (and get excited by that)?
- Are you filled with a strong feeling of satisfaction knowing that you have truly served your team and the client, and that they know you deeply care about them?
- Do you geek out on data, and actually enjoy scheduling teams and forecasting needs with a strong data-backed business case behind it? And do you have an eye on every single detail?
- Is your technical knowledge strong because you are curious, and go down Google rabbit holes learning about software, technology, and electronics just for fun?
- Are you known for extreme organization skills and attention to detail?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
- Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Assess current or future client needs and priorities by communicating directly with clients, conducting surveys, or other methods.
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings related to projects.
- Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel.
- Identify need for initial or supplemental project resources.
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
if a subcontractor or other resource (temporary labor, etc), is needed to meet project specifications and deadlines.
- Establish and execute a project communication plan.
- Monitor the performance of project team members, providing and documenting performance feedback.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.
- Negotiate with project stakeholders or suppliers to obtain resources or materials.
- Know applicable codes and life safety requirements so we can deliver excellence in functionality and safety.
- Stay current on all certification, licensing, background check, and client safety requirements.
- Quote and manage change orders.
- Manage and coordinate with external relationships on projects (sub-contractors, etc).
- Ensure quality
- Manage deliverables/timelines/documentation
- Manage cost
- Able to visit job sites as required by project timelines.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in “waterfall” project management
- Experience managing 20 or more projects of varying sizes and timelines
- Ability to drive company vehicle and be insurable under fleet policy
- Must be comfortable interacting with a highly transparent culture
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers. Manual dexterity required for frequently reaching, climbing and lifting of small to large objects, and operating construction equipment
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Authorization to work in the US
- Experience managing projects in construction, IT, or facilities management
- Minimum of a 2 year degree or 2 year trade school
- Ideal but not required: Knowledge of construction life cycles; fire and building codes such as NFPA 72 and Michigan building code; general knowledge of IT infrastructure; project management skills and experience; and/or knowledge of integrated systems, access control, video, fire alarms and security systems and devices
Why Join Us?
Our dedication to engineering, installing, and servicing the highest quality integrated security systems for our clients using cutting edge technology has earned SecurAlarm a reputation of excellence. We build leaders and promote creative thinking to get things done. We care about our team, invest in talent and create an environment for people to grow. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, paid vacation and holidays, and financing of relevant training and certifications. Our entrepreneurial spirit is the energy that drives us to be a leader in integrated security solutions in West Michigan.
SecurAlarm Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.