Security Service Technician
We are looking for proactive, customer-focused, and resourceful Service Technicians that are experienced in card access and video systems, to serve our clients so they can take care of business.
Why Join Us?
Our dedication to engineering, installing, and servicing the highest quality integrated security systems for our clients using cutting edge technology has earned SecurAlarm a reputation of excellence within the security industry. We are dedicated to building leaders and promoting creative thinking to get things done. We invest in talent and create an environment for people to grow. We care about our team members. We offer a comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, paid vacation and holidays, and financing of relevant training and certifications. Our entrepreneurial spirit is the energy that drives us to be a leader in integrated security solutions in West Michigan.
Is this role right for you?
- Do you thrive on experiencing a brand new challenge each day, having each day be a little different than the last, and do you love working with new systems that you haven't worked with before?
- Do you take things apart and put them back together just to see how they work, and do you spend an inordinate amount of time playing with and/or learning about software, technology, and electronics?
- Are you resourceful, and do you enjoy coming up with creative solutions to solve problems for customers? And do you have fun solving mysteries (e.g. troubleshooting, researching, analyzing for root issues, etc.)?
- Are you passionate about customer service, proactively communicate internally and externally to ensure they have a phenomenal experience, and have a true ownership mindset?
- Do you want to come to work each day knowing that what you do protects what is important to our clients, and that your work matters?
What will you be doing in this role?
- Developing great relationships with our clients
- Servicing devices/hardware for our clients
- Providing quality control and system functionality testing
- Training both internal and external clients on the operation of integrated systems and components
- Tickets executed are clearly noted with steps taken, materials used, and next steps needed to set others up for success
- Communication – progress, needs, and/or changes are over-communicated to team members, leaders, subcontractors, and clients to ensure schedules are maintained and information is flowing to all parties/departments
- Respond to service dispatch requests or inquiries within 1 hour
- Own tickets until issues are resolved
- Resolve tickets within the time scheduled
- Engage with vendors to find solutions to problems
- Support after hour client needs through the on-call rotation
- Deliberately and consistently be a role model of SecurAlarm’s culture while serving team members, clients, and our community
- Stay current on all assigned trainings, certifications, licensing, background check, and client safety requirements
This is an ideal position for someone that is looking to take their career to the next level with a stable, well-respected and established company.
If you are results-oriented, customer-focused, possess strong technical and mechanical aptitudes, enjoy working independently and resourcefully on multiple issues, and want to grow long-term in a fast-paced environment where each day brings different challenges/opportunities and exposure to the latest technologies, we welcome you to apply.
We want to invest in your success!
- Must possess a valid driver's license, and be able to pass background screening and drug test (including marijuana) (our Security License with the State of Michigan requires thorough background checks and places certain restrictions on hiring.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Manual dexterity required for frequently reaching, climbing and lifting of small to large objects, and operating construction equipment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet customer needs.
SecurAlarm Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.